Colour Creations Week 34: Petal Pink
February 09, 2022
Welcome to this week's Art with Heart Team Colour Creations Blog Hop. Today we are showcasing Petal Pink, a warm peach pink.
Today's card is inspired by my water bottle! It's a lovely ombre pattern in shades of Petal Pink, Polished Pink and Melon Mambo.
Here is my card. I really love how it turned out, even though I kind of made it up as I went along!
My base card is Petal Pink, and the second layer is Petal Pink embossed with the Timeworn Type embossing folder.
Step by Step Instructions for Stamped Piece
- I started with a piece of Shimmery White cardstock and I used my blending brushes to lay down some Polished Pink ink in the bottom half, and Petal Pink ink in the top half, with lots of blending at the intersection.
- Next I blended a little Melon Mambo right at the bottom.
- I embossed the small floral image from Blessings of Home stamp set (in the 2022 January to June Mini Catalogue) in white over the top of the blended ink.
- Next I used a water painter (the fine tip one) to remove a lot of the ink colour from the leaves and petals. You just brush with water and it lightens the ink lots as it dries.
- Finally I added additional ink colours onto the image. I used Polished Pink and Rich Razzleberry for the flowers and Old Olive for the leaves.
To finish my card, I mounted the stamped piece onto a piece of Basic Gray cardstock, and tucked one of the Heart and Home Doilies underneath (the Basic Gray one). I adhered this with Dimensionals. I stamped the long birthday sentiment from the Blessings of Home stamp set in Basic Grey onto Shimmery white, cut it into strips and adhered with Stampin' Seal. I finished off with a double bow of Grey Granite bakers twine.
I hope you like today's card. Now it's time to check out what the rest of today's participants from the Art with Heart team have been making with Petal Pink. Next up we have the lovely Diane Furniss.
If you get lost at any time, head over to Cathy Proctor's blog where you will find the full list of participants.
Thanks for stopping by today. Have a fabulous week,