Hello friends. Today I have a card I created over the weekend while having a play with the new Stampin' Up! ink blending brushes that were introduced in the 2021 January to June mini catalogue. I've created a birthday card using the Dragonfly Garden bundle (which includes the Dragonflies Punch).
I'm really happy how this card turned out. I found the blending brushes GREAT to use. This wasn't my first experience with blending brushes as I had purchased another brand prior to Stampin' Up! releasing their own. The Stampin' Up! ones are a great price point in comparison (quite a bit cheaper) and comparable (if not better) in both ease of use and result on our Basic White cardstock. I was able to get a really great smoothly blended result.
My blended colours are Soft Sea Foam (centre), Pool Party (sky) and Mint Macaron (lower third). I also used Just Jade cardstock for my base card and one layer of the dragonflies, and Shaded Spruce as my ink colour for the stamped dragonfly.
I have a video to show you how I created the blended ink background.
Here's the measurements, and steps for the rest of this card:
- The blended background piece is 9cm x 13.3cm, and the Pool Party mat layer is 9.4cm x 13.7cm. The base card is a standard C6 top folding card in Just Jade.
- Once I made the background with the blending brushes, I used Mint Macaron ink to overstamp the foliage, and Pool Party ink to stamp the dragonflies in the top right hand corner.
- I stamped two dragonflies from the Dragonfly garden stamp set using Shaded Spruce ink. One was stamped onto Just Jade cardstock, and one was stamped onto Whisper White cardstock.
- I punched these Dragonflies out with the Dragonflies punch, along with one of the smaller butterflies in Just Jade.
- I adhered the Just Jade Dragonflies directly to the blended background using Stampin' Seal.
- I coloured the other Dragonfly in with light Mint Macaron Stampin' Blends and then adhered it over the large Just Jade Dragonfly with Dimensionals (just in the centre so the wings can be lifted a bit). I then added a few Rhinestone Jewels in the centre.
- I adhered this whole piece to the Pool Party layer with Stampin' Seal, and then tied a double layer of linen thread around the bottom (about 2 cm from the base), tying in a bow on the left side.
- I wanted this card for a birthday card, so I have the birthday sentment stamp in Peaceful Moments. I stamped that in basic black onto Basic White, and the overstamped the foliage stamp in Mint Macaron (stamped off once). I cut the greeting out with one of the Tasteful Labels dies whch has fine stitching around the outside.
Where do I get the products used today?
All the products I have used today are available NOW to Australian residents in my Online Stampin Up Store; if you are in another country, the products will be available from a local Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. When you shop online with me in Australia, and use the monthly Host Code, you also qualify for a thank you gift mid the month after your purchase. My customers love getting these little gifts in the mail. Click the button below to go to my online store (individual products are linked direct throughout the post, and in the links at the end of the post). This month's host code is also listed below. If this isn't the current month (because you are reading the post at a later date), this month's code is in the right hand column or HERE. You can read about three ways to shop with with me, and all the benefits my VIP customers get HERE.
Want more Stampin Up Inspiration from me?
If you live in Australia, and you are not a demonstrator yourself, I invite you to join my subscriber list to receive Stampin' Up! updates, inspiration from me and details of my online classes and special offers. Subscribe HERE.
Australian and International Customers and Demonstrators are invited to:
- Subscribe to my blog posts by email so you never miss a thing. Each blog post will be sent to you and you can choose how and when you want to receive these when you subscribe. This is the best way to follow me and get step by step projects.
- Follow me on Pinterest (every single blog post gets published to Pinterest too)
- Subscribe to me on YouTube (I'm building up my channel this year and would love your support via subscribing to my channel). YouTube is great visual way to learn.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook for more social interaction, chats and some crafty inspiration. Not everything I make gets shared to these platforms but it's a great way to socially connect more in 2021.
Get freebies! Saleabration is on now until the end of February.
Earn FREE products when you purchase $90 or more in one transaction - get all the details HERE.
Our Best Value Deal - Join the Art with Heart Team, even just for yourself to get the discount.
Right now during Saleabration, there is also great joining deal on where you can save nearly 50% on the value of $335 product. This offer is on until the 28th Febraury and you get all the details by clicking on the button below or contacting me.
Thanks for checking in today. I hope to see you back here again during the week to check out some other creations I have for you.