A quick post today as I just want to show you the last card (for now) in my series of 4 cards showing different ways to colour neutral patterned paper with ink and other Stanpin' Up! supplies (using the lovely black and white floral themed True Love Designer Series Paper as our base). I will link to the other 3 cards below.
Today's card is super simple, as I have just used one colour in my colouring (Flirty Flamingo) and a sponge brayer.
Sponge brayers are a really affordable tool in your papercraft tool box. The Stampin' Up! sponge brayers are great value. For $14, you get 2 handles and 4 inter-changeable sponge roller heads (the die base inks wash out with water too). I like the soft effect you can get with them. I just start with a gradual slow build up of colour and add more as I go (I demonstrate the technique of using our Stampin' Up! sponge brayers in THIS VIDEO on my You Tube channel, if you would like to see them in action on a different card).
Here's what I have done to put my card together after I completed the sponging:
- I have a Basic Black card base, which I have embossed using the gorgeous Ornate Floral embossing folder for a little more texture and interest.
- My coloured DSP is on a mat of Flirty Flamingo cardstock and that's another scrap of the True Love DSP under the sentiment.
- My sentiment is from the So Sentimental stamp set and the coordinating Stitched So Sweetly dies (still available as a 10% discount bundle).
- Finally I have arranged some of the Artistry Blooms Sequins (LOVE these adhesive sequins) around my sentiment.
This card was easy and fun. By mixing up the colours, and using different sentiments, you could easily make up a batch of these cards in a stamping session.
So to summarise, here are the four ways of colouring the True Love patterned paper I have blogged about.
- Colouring with Stampin' Blend Markers (find that post HERE)
- Colouring with the new Stampin' Up! Blending Brushes including a video tutorila (find that post HERE)
- Colouring with Watercolor Pancils (find that post HERE)
- Colouring with sponge brayers (this post)
Where do I get the products used today?
All the products I have used today are available NOW to Australian residents in my Online Stampin Up Store. Just click on the individual product links below to go to each product in the store. If you are in another country besides Australia, the products will be available from a local Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. When you shop online with me in Australia, and use the monthly Host Code, you also qualify for a thank you gift mid the month after your purchase. My customers love getting these little gifts in the mail. Click the button below to go to my online store (individual products are linked direct throughout the post, and in the links at the end of the post). This month's host code is also listed below. If this isn't the current month (because you are reading the post at a later date), this month's code is in the right hand column or HERE. You can read about three ways to shop with with me, and all the benefits my VIP customers get HERE.
Want more Stampin Up Inspiration from me?
If you live in Australia, and you are not a demonstrator yourself, I invite you to join my subscriber list to receive Stampin' Up! updates, inspiration from me and details of my online classes and special offers. Subscribe HERE.
Australian and International Customers and Demonstrators are invited to:
- Subscribe to my blog posts by email so you never miss a thing. Each blog post will be sent to you and you can choose how and when you want to receive these when you subscribe. This is the best way to follow me and get step by step projects.
- Follow me on Pinterest (every single blog post gets published to Pinterest too)
- Subscribe to me on YouTube (I'm building up my channel this year and would love your support via subscribing to my channel). YouTube is great visual way to learn.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook for more social interaction, chats and some crafty inspiration. Not everything I make gets shared to these platforms but it's a great way to socially connect more in 2021.
Thanks for checking in today. See you back here again soon,