Hello stamping friends.
Today I have a technique card for you. I love how this one turned out, especially with all that texture behind the stamped panel. The stamp set featured today is the Free as a Bird stamp set from the 2020 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue.
Water Lifting Technique Instructions
I think this technique is officially called water lifting, but I also like to also refer to it as reverse watercolour, as instead of adding colour with our Water Painter Pens, we are removing it.
Here's how I created the stamped panel:
- I used a sponge brayer and a Misty Moonlight ink pad to create an ombre effect on the thick Whisper White cardstock I had cut with the Stitched Nested Framelits.
- I then stamped my image from the Stampin' Up! Free as a Bird stamp set in Jet Black Stazon over the brayered ink.
- The Stampin' Up! Classic Ink Pads are really reactive to water, so when you paint over the image with a Water Painter, it lifts the ink in that spot. I just kept on doing this in areas I wanted to lighten.
I have a video showing this technique. It features another card, but the technique is exactly the same.
I really love the edge effect you get with the diet cut Stitched Nested Shapes. They are a really versatile die set.
Here's a closer look at the dies:
I wanted to create lots of texture on this card, so I used the Subtles 3D embossing Folder on the Cumb Cake layer, and then added several different trims and embellishments under the stamped shape. You can link to all of these products in my online store, using the links at the end of the post. Here's what I have used:
- A strip of Misty Moonlight patterned DSP from the Flowers For Every Season paper pack
- A strip of Misty Moonlight Twill ribbon
- Two strips of Very Vanilla scalloped lace trim
- Some looped Braided Linen Trim
- Some wooden leaves from the In Good Taste Elements (love these for neutral embellishment and texture)
You can view a video showing how I attach looped ribbons to create texture on my projects HERE.
Here's a closer look at the Free as a Bird Stamp Set.
If you would like to get some more inspiration from me, I invite you to subscribe for some free inspiration sent to your email each week.
Join my Subscriber Community for a free PDF Tutorial every week.
or Subscribe to receive all my Blog Posts by Email
You can find all the products I have used today in my Stampin' Up! Online Store, and all the individual products are linked at the bottom of the post. When you shop online with me in Australia, and use the monthly Host Code, you also qualify for a small thank you gift mid the month after your purchase. My customers love getting these little gifts in the mail. Here's the shop link (individual product links at the end of the post), and this month's host code. You can read about three ways to shop with me HERE.
Joining promotion on now - all the details HERE
NEW Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine (Standard) now available. Check out 2 ways to get it now - including a great offer in September.
Thanks for checking in today. Have a great day and I will see you back here again soon.