Hello friends. Today we are playing with the Peony Garden product suite and I have also incorporated my fave new punch from the 2020 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue, the Rectangle Postage Stamp Punch.
There's lots of layers and textures in this one! Here are the measurements of the layers I have used:
- Base card is a 14cm x 14cm Blushing Bride card
- Layer 2 is a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock 13.5cm square, which I have embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder (see links at end of post) which is attached with Stampin' Seal.
- Layer 3 is a piece of the Gray Granite DSP 11.5cm squared. This acts as a mat to layer 4 (attached with Stampin' Seal), and that combined layer is attached to layer 2 with Dimensionals.
- Layer 4 is a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock 11cm square, and I have arranged punched Peony Garden DSP over the cardstock, leaving a small gap between each one to show the punched edges and colour through (see picture below which shows how I arranged the punched shapes).
- Layer 5 is a 7cm square piece of Blushing Bride cardstock, which acts as a mat to Layer 6 (adhered with Stampin' Seal). That combined layer is attached to layer 4 using Dimensionals.
- Layer 6 is a 6.6cm square piece of Shimmery White cardstock and the sentiment is stamped in Gray Granite.
- Layer 7 is lots of looped ribbon and trim for texture (see the video below); and finally
- Level 8 is the single peony stamp from Prized Peony Stamp Set . I embossed it in white, and added a wash of Blushing Bride with my Water Painters, and then added some additional shading with Rococo Rose.
Here's a look at how I did the Rectangle Postage Stamp arrangement. I arranged them on the corder of a piece of A4 cardstock so some would be overlapping the edges and be a straight cut when I trimmed this piece to size.
If you are relatively new to cardmaking, and would like to see how I have used and attached the ribbons and trims for added texture, I have created a short video for you.
If you would like more inspiration from me, subscribe to my You Tube channel, and you can also subscribe to receive a weekly PDF tutorial most weeks of the year (2 week breaks during Victorial school term breaks - back on July 18th), or subscribe to my blog posts by email/
Don't forget there is just 2 more days to take advantage of June Specials. Get an extra free bundle in your starter kit (details HERE), or get an extra $40 Stampin Rewards to spend (so a total of $80 to spend on whatever you want) with a $400 plus order. Both end June 30th.
Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day and I will see you back here again soon.