Hello friends. Today I have a handmade birthday card for you, featuring a dragonfly. This card is made with the Stampin Up Dragonflies Punch, the coordinating Dragonfly Garden stamp set, and the Dandy Garden Designer Series Paper.
I love dragonflies. My Mum gave my a crystal and wire one many years ago which I treasure. I have been doing some research about Dragonfly symbolism and found this at whatismyspriritanimal.com.
"As a Spirit Animal, Dragonfly moves into our life often when we are taking things too seriously and losing our joy. This teacher restores lightness to our spiritual wings and mental processes. This animal spirit guide’s reminder is simple: find the positive no matter how dark it seems.
Dragonfly is tied intimately to your emotional state. It asks: what feelings are you having that you’re hiding? What feelings are self-created illusions? What feelings do you need to explore more deeply. Give yourself to the Dragonfly’s transformative power and sense of peace"
The dragonfly has beautiful symbolism don't you think?
Now onto my card. The primary colour on my card is Bumblebee, a really bright positive colour.
I have started my card with one of the pre-printed Dandy Garden Memories and More Cards & Envelopes. These are beautiful, come in a set of 20 cards and envelopes, and the envelopes have printed patterned liners which coordinate with the cards. They are a great size too (the folded card size is 10.8 x 15.9cm). The printing on the card is Bumblebee on white.
I added a frame that I die cut from the Ornate Layers Dies (also in Bumblebee), and then added a piece of Bumblebee patterned paper from the Dandy Garden DSP in the centre of the frame (the size to cut is 5.5 x 9.0cm).
For the Dragonfly, I have created three layers:
- The base layer is a dragonfly stamp from the Dragonfly Gardens stamp set, stamped in Night of Navy ink onto Misty Moonlight cardstock, and then cut out with the Dragonflies Punch. This one is adhered directl to the card.
- The second layer is cut directly from the Dandy Garden DSP using the Dragonflies punch. Stampin' Up! is great with coordination. This one is adhered using Mini Dimensionals.
- The top layer is a double thread bow of the gold cord trim from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack. I didn't plan to add this, but I had it left over from another project and it just worked. The bow is adhered with a glue dot.
The Dragonfly Garden stamp set has four great sentiments, but I wanted this for a handmade birthday card, so I have used a stamp from the Best Year stamp set. I have stamped in Night of Navy onto white and just used my Stampin' Up! Paper Trimmer to cut out the sentiment. Finally I have added two Gilded Gems near my sentiment.
Love this card? Pin it so you can make it later
Where do I get the products used today?
All the products I have used today are available NOW to Australian residents in my Online Stampin Up Store ; if you are in another country, the products will be available from a local Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. When you shop online with me in Australia, and use the monthly Host Code, you also qualify for a thank you gift mid the month after your purchase. My customers love getting these little gifts in the mail. Click the button below to go to my online store (individual products are linked direct throughout the post, and in the links at the end of the post). This month's host code is also listed below. If this isn't the current month (because you are reading the post at a later date), this month's code is in the right hand column or HERE. You can read about three ways to shop with with me, and all the benefits my VIP customers get HERE.
Want more Stampin Up Inspiration from me?
If you live in Australia, and you are not a demonstrator yourself, I invite you to join my subscriber list to receive Stampin' Up! updates, inspiration from me and details of my online classes and special offers. Subscribe HERE.
Australian and International Customers and Demonstrators are invited to:
- Subscribe to my blog posts by email so you never miss a thing. Each blog post will be sent to you and you can choose how and when you want to receive these when you subscribe. This is the best way to follow me and get step by step projects.
- Follow me on Pinterest (every single blog post gets published to Pinterest too)
- Subscribe to me on YouTube (I'm building up my channel this year and would love your support via subscribing to my channel). YouTube is great visual way to learn.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook for more social interaction, chats and some crafty inspiration. Not everything I make gets shared to these platforms but it's a great way to socially connect more in 2021.
Get freebies! Saleabration is on now until the end of February.
Earn FREE products when you purchase $90 or more in one transaction - get all the details HERE.
Our Best Value Deal
Right now during Saleabration, there is also great joining deal on where you can save nearly 50% on the value of $335 product. This offer is on until the 28th Febraury and you get all the details by clicking on the button below or contacting me.
Thanks for checking in today. See you back here again soon,