Welcome to the March Art with Heart Stampin' Up! Team Creative Showcase. This month the Art With Heart Team are featuring Monochromatic cards, that is cards that only use different shades of the same colour. This is a great opportunity for us to demonstrate the wonderful range of Stampin’ Up! colours across our inks, papers and embellishments that can be combined to produce the amazing monochromatic samples we have to share with you. To be honest, I found this quite challenging as I am so used to creating with multiple colours.
Here's what I came up with using Rooted in Nature stamp set from the Annual Catalogue. I didn't realise my sentiment wasn't wonky until I edited the pictures, so another post photo correction (I'm on a roll the last week!).
This card is for a lovely man, who lost his wife of 50+ years last week. His wife was a lovely lady, with family values that I admired greatly, I can't imagine his feeling of loss, but I hope my words provide comfort in the months to come.
Here are the steps I took to make my card:
- I started with a piece of Shimmery White cardstock 10cm x 14.3cm.
- Using a Stampin' Sponge, I started lightly building up colour by spongeing in a circular motion. I started with Soft Sea Foam at the top, then Pear Pizazz and then Old Olive. I wanted the look of a hill which is why I sponged on an angle in a soft curve.
- As I was spongeing and going over the edges, this also provided some ink definition on the edges which I liked.
- Using an aquapainter, I squeezed a little water from the nib onto some scrap cloth, then flicked the excess off as I didn't want the drops too large. Then I flicked a couple of times onto the sponged piece to create the droplet effect.
- I stamped the tree from Rooted in Nature once in Mossy Meadow, and then again without reinking.
- My words are stamped in Old Olive onto some scrap Shimmery White which has been lightly sponged,
- Finally I tied a little linen thread around the bottom of the card and secured with tape on the back.
- I then adhered the whole cardfront onto a base Mossy Meadow card.
Before I made the card above, I came up with this one for my Monochromatic card. I wasn't 100% happy, so I made another card, but thought I would post this one too. I think I would use it as a retirement card for a male perhaps?
This card uses the Timeless Tropical bundle. I have used Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Early Espresso.
Now it's time to visit the rest of the Art with Heart team participants, and see what they have come up with for the monochromatic theme. The next person is the lovely and talented Michele Taylor.
If you have a broken link or have come to this blog hop midway, you can view all the participants below:
Thanks for stopping by today. Have a happy week,