4 Tips to Use the Ink Stampin Up! Ink Blending Brushes on Patterned Paper
February 13, 2021
Hi crafters. In today's card I am following up with some more ink blending. This time on patterned paper. If you watched the video in the last post you will see this technique in action there too (I have also included the video in this post). In today's post, I show the completed card and share 4 ways to blend ink effectively on patterned paper using the newly released Stampin' Up! Blending Brushes. I have used the True Love Designer Series Paper from the 2020 January to June Mini Catalogue to blend the ink onto.
The True Love Designer Series Paper is a really versatile paper pack for using with a range of techniques. I found the blending brushes blended the ink really nicely on this paper. I have used Melon Mambo and Calyso Coral for my ink colours.
Four Tips for using the Stampin' Up! Blending Brushes on Patterned Paper (Video below)
In working with the blending brushes on patterned paper, I found these these tips to be helpful.
- Hold the area you are blending with your fingers of your other hand at the top and bottom, to keep the paper flat and taut while you are blending (it has a tendency to slide and crease otherwise).
- Start with the middle colour first - I find that works best and allows you to come back and blend over the joins of the two colours. If you are only using two colours I would start with the lightest first.
- Start blending in a circular motion off the page near the paper and work onto it, so you don't get a build up of ink in one spot.
- Choosing a light coloured pattern paper is going to give the best result. Black and white is perfect.
Here's the video again, to show you how I achieved the blending.
To put the card together, I added a Calypso Coral mat to the blended piece, and adhered one of the cut out fowers from the DSP at the top left (before I added the mat). The front of the Basic Black card is also embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing folder. My breeting (from Best Year stamp set) was stamped in Black Stazon onto a 3/4" strip of Basic White cardstock and the decorative ends were cut with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch.
I would definitely recommend adding the Stampin Up! Blending Brushes (a pack of 3 is just $21AUD) and the True Love Designer Series Paper Pack to your next order.
Where do I get the products used today?
All the products I have used today are available NOW to Australian residents in my Online Stampin Up Store; if you are in another country besides Australia, the products will be available from a local Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. When you shop online with me in Australia, and use the monthly Host Code, you also qualify for a thank you gift mid the month after your purchase. My customers love getting these little gifts in the mail. Click the button below to go to my online store (individual products are linked direct throughout the post, and in the links at the end of the post). This month's host code is also listed below. If this isn't the current month (because you are reading the post at a later date), this month's code is in the right hand column or HERE. You can read about three ways to shop with with me, and all the benefits my VIP customers get HERE.
Want more Stampin Up Inspiration from me?
If you live in Australia, and you are not a demonstrator yourself, I invite you to join my subscriber list to receive Stampin' Up! updates, inspiration from me and details of my online classes and special offers. Subscribe HERE.
Australian and International Customers and Demonstrators are invited to:
- Subscribe to my blog posts by email so you never miss a thing. Each blog post will be sent to you and you can choose how and when you want to receive these when you subscribe. This is the best way to follow me and get step by step projects.
- Follow me on Pinterest (every single blog post gets published to Pinterest too)
- Subscribe to me on YouTube (I'm building up my channel this year and would love your support via subscribing to my channel). YouTube is great visual way to learn.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook for more social interaction, chats and some crafty inspiration. Not everything I make gets shared to these platforms but it's a great way to socially connect more in 2021.
Get freebies! Saleabration is on now until the end of February.
Earn FREE products when you purchase $90 or more in one transaction - get all the details HERE.
Our Best Value Deal - Join the Art with Heart Team, even just for yourself to get the discount.
Right now during Saleabration, there is also great joining deal on where you can save nearly 50% on the value of $335 product. This offer is on until the 28th Febraury and you get all the details by clicking on the button below or contacting me.
Thanks for checking in with me today. let me know if I can help you with anything.
Posted by: Gayle Enouen | February 23, 2021 at 07:09 AM