Today I am sharing a Stampin' Up! Quite Curvy bundle birthday card idea with you. The Quite Curvy bundle is a NEW bundle from the 2021 January to June mini catalogue, but it has been released early, so is available NOW. I can't stop playing with it as it's so cute and very versatile. Find it HERE in my online store.
How to make this card (all of the supplies I mention are linked at the end of the post):
- My base card is a half sheet (cut vertically) of A4 Mint Macaron cardstock.
- I embossed the card front with the Subtles 3D Embossing Folder.
- I used one of the Curvy Dies (from the Quite Curvy bundle) to cut a curved edge on the top layer about 2/3 of the way down.
- I used the curvy die with the holes in it to cut a piece about 3.5cm deep (making sure the edge with the holes in it is at the top).
- I stamped the curved birthday sentiment in Gray Granite ink, just under the holes.
- I embossed the leaf design image in white embossing powder onto some Fluid 100 watercolour paper.
- I watercoloured the leaves in Soft Sea Foam and Mint Macaron by using the Water Painters and picking up the ink from the inside of the ink pad lid (I also like to wet the area to be watercoloured first). I then adhered this over the very bottom edge of the top layer.
- I stamped the birds in Gray Granite ink, and then coloured in Gray Granite, Blushing Bride and Early Espresso. I just used Whisper White cardstock for that, but coloured with Aquapainters (don't use too much water on them this time as the Gray Granite ink will smudge)
- I tied a double strand of linen thread around the top of the card and tied in a bow.
- I adhered a piece of Mint Macaron patterned paper on the inside of the card, and a piece of Whisper White cardstock on the inside at the top, so it will be covered by the top layer.
What I love about the Quite Curvy bundle:
- Being a photopolymer set, you can bend the stamp a little more on the block if you need to better match a curve. That's very cool.
- I really like the good variety of sentiments and the modern fonts. I will be using this for birthday cards, friends cards, hello cards, congratulations cards and thinking of you cards. How's that for versatile?
- Those birds are oh so cute too!
I hope you love the Stampin' Up! Quite Curvy bundle as much as me!
Get Free Weekly PDF Tutorials From Me
If you loved this project, sign up to get a weekly free project tutorial designed by me, and sent to your email each weekend.
All the products I have used today are available NOW in my Stampin' Up! Online Store, and all the individual products are linked at the bottom of the post. When you shop online with me in Australia, and use the monthly Host Code, you also qualify for a small thank you gift mid the month after your purchase. My customers love getting these little gifts in the mail. Here's the shop link (individual product links at the end of the post), and this month's host code (if it's past October when you are reading this, this month's code is in the right hand column or HERE). You can read about three ways to shop with me HERE.
Thanks for visiting today. Have a great weekend and I'll see you early next week.