Welcome back to the Art With Heart Stampin' Up! Team Heart of Christmas Blog Hop for week 4. Our aim is to spread the joy of Christmas creating as far and wide as we can.
This week I am all about silver and shimmer!
This was actually a super fast card to make! Here's what I did:
- Prepared a top folding standard C6 size (1/2 A4 cut vertically and folded) using Seaside Spray cardstock.
- Cut a second layer of Seaside spray cardstock 9.8cm x 14cm (o4 3 & 13/16 x 6.5 inches)
- Emboss this layer using the Woodland embossing folder.
- Using a sponge dauber and your Silvery Shimmer Delicata ink pad, sponge silver metallic ink over the embossed parts of the tree and branches. Put aside to dry for 10-15 minutes. (Tip: The manufacturer recommends not speeding up the drying time with heat, as it diminishes the lustre of the stamped image). Once dry, adhere to the card base using Multipurpose Glue or Snail.
- Die cut a nested label using whisper white cardstock. I have used the second largest one.
- Stamp a greeting bottom left side of the label, using the Silvery Shimmer Delicata ink. Set aside to dry for 10 minutes.
- Die cut the deer shape from Detailed Deer (in the Annual Catalogue). Adhere with Dimensionals onto the nested label (you can also add a glue dot to the antlers). Add three small rhinestones around the deer.
- Adhere this whole nested piece to the centre of the card using Dimensionals.
I'm obsessed with the Delicata inks right now. Hands down the BEST metallic inks I have ever used. Air dries in 10-15 minutes, no smudging and has great lustre. It would be pretty quick and easy to whip up a batch of these Christmas cards too.
Now let's check in with the Art With Heart girls and see what they have been creating this week.
Thanks for stopping by today. We will see you next week for Heart of Christmas.