How super cute is this Hedgehugs stamp set? It's new in the Stampin' Up! 2018 Occasions Catalogue, and is available in wood or clear mount in my online store from January 3rd.
I thought this set was perfect for some quick and easy cards, so the cute images and greetings in the set can be the focus. I chose my colour scheme based on the beautiful Dahlia that is blooming in my garden right now.
I started with just a super basic card.
Here are the step by step instructions for this one:
- I stamped the hedgehogs close together, then die-cut with one of the Layering Oval Framelits.
- Next I stamped Flirty Flamingo flowers onto the Flirty Flamingo background.
- Then I stamped the greeting on a Very Vanilla scrap and cut out with the Classic Label Punch.
- I cut a piece of Berry Burst cardstock 1.5" wide. and the width of the card. I then cut a banner shape at each end with the Triple Layer Banner Punch.
- The banner piece is attached with Snail, and the oval piece and greeting piece with Dimensionals.
I also decided to make two mini gift cards using the same colour combination. These are great to make, and very economical as you can get 4 from a piece of A4 cardstock. Just cut a piece of A4 cardstock in half horizontally, and then each of those pieces in half vertically. The finished size of the unfolded card is 21cm x 7.4-7.5cm (it's actually 7.425, but if you do 3 x 7,4 winde ones and 1 7.5cm wide one it makes life way easier!).
The Berry Burst pieces are 7cm wide x 9.8cm long. The Very Vanilla piece on the hedgehog card is 5.2cm wide x 7.4cm long. The Very Vanilla piece on the bird card is 4.8cm long x 4.0cm wide. I have also rounded 2 of the corners on these pieces.
New to shopping with Me? Click HERE for 3 ways to buy, latest specials and benefits of buying from me.
Last Minute December Reminders
Only 2 more days to shop the Holiday Catalogue Retiring products in the Year End Sale.
Stamparatus stamp positioning tool preorder ends December 31st, after that the Stamparatus will be available in the 2018 Annual Catalogue. LAST DAY
Decembers Hostess Code for a free gift in January is W7RBJSN4
Occasions and Saleabration catalogues available now - request your FREE paper copy HERE
Subscribe to my blog posts so you never miss a post
Thanks for stopping by today. See you back here again soon.