Stampin' Up! Remarkable You for SB114
July 22, 2015
I LOVE a good floral image to colour, so I was all over the new Stampin' Up! set Remarkable You when it appeared in the 2015 Annual Catalogue. Today's card features one of the flowers (which we think is a lotus flower or waterlily) water coloured, along with a greeting from the set. It's based on this week's Stamping and Blogging Design Team sketch SB114.
Here's the colour combination I have used today.
Tips for recreating this card:
- I water coloured the floral image using an Aqua painter (see all supplies below) and the ink inside the lid of the Rose Red ink pad.
- Stamp your image in Jet Black Stazon so you can watercolour without the image outline smudging.
- Use our high quality Watercolor Paper for a great result. It really does make a difference as you can blend over and over without the paper pilling.
- The Triple Banner Punch makes cutting the banner ends on this card a breeze.
- Both flowers were cut out using our super sharp Paper Snips. The left hand flower is popped up with Dimensional foam dots (not the stem though).
- Stamp an extra bit of the leaf pattern onto Cucumber Crush and cut out a few leaves to layer over the greeting banner.
Here's today sketch that the lovely Sandi MacIver has given us to play with this week:
Lets see what my lovely Stamping and Blogging Design team girls around the world have been up to this week shall we?
Claire Daly Australia (that's me!)
Caroline van der Straaten. Netherlands
Patrice Halliday-Larson, New Zealand
Now it's YOUR turn to play along.
You can now enter the weekly challenges along and link your creation for us all to admire. We will be picking a weekly winner and would love to see what you create with this sketch. To play along, you just need to post your creation on the Sketch and Stamp page, which is the name for the new Stamping and Blogging weekly challenges.
I hope you enjoyed today's card. See you again soon,
Shop online 24/7 HERE and check out current specials HERE
Subscribe so you never miss a thing HERE
Follow me on Instagram or hang out with me on Facebook
Stampin' Up! Products used in today's card:
Wonderful card Claire ! Love it !
Posted by: Marine | July 22, 2015 at 11:32 PM
Oh my goodness Claire, so pretty! I love the colors that you used and the touch of glimmer paper is perfect!
Posted by: Amy Koenders | July 23, 2015 at 12:12 AM
What a truly remarkable card by a truly remarkable lady :) xx
Posted by: Michelle Last | July 23, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Stunning card Claire! Xx
Posted by: Erna Logtenberg | July 23, 2015 at 12:48 AM
Beautiful card, I am not a fan of the Cucumber Crush In Color but it really makes this card pop. Your flowers are amazing. Thanks for the inspiration.
Posted by: Rose Ann Marr | July 23, 2015 at 12:49 AM
Beautiful card! Very modern look with the black and white, watermelon wonder and cucumber crush.
Posted by: Caro | July 23, 2015 at 01:13 AM
Gorgeous card Claire :-) love how you layered the leaves over the banner.
Posted by: Patrice | July 24, 2015 at 08:30 AM
oh claire, I love how bright and cheery your card is and I just got this stamp set, casing for sure.....
Posted by: Sandi MacIver | July 25, 2015 at 11:20 PM