Hello, time for another Stamping and Blogging sketch challenge blog hop with the design team girls around the world. I really look forward to seeing what they are up to each week. For today's card I have gone for a very traditional Christmas card, using one of my favourite techniques to add sparkle. Stampin' Up! Lovely as a Tree stamp set is a perfect set for a traditional Christmas card. You can link to all of the products I have used from my Online Stampin' Up! store by using the scrolling links at the end of the post.
My base cardstock is the Under the Tree Speciality DSP, which is a fabulous weight to use for Christmas cards. It has patterns of traditional Crumb Cake with either Early Espresso, Garden Green or Cherry Cobbler on one side, and white on Crumb Cake on the reverse, which is perfect for the inside of cards.
To achieve the sparkly panel, I:
- Stamped the image using Mossy Meadow (and stamped off a couple of times around the main image).
- I then cut the panel to the size I wanted it, and covered the whole panel in Versamark ink applying the ink pad directly to the stamped panel.
- I then sprinkled Stampin' Up!'s Heat and Stick powder over the whole image and shook off the excess.
- I heated tat with my Heat Tool and while it was still hot, I sprinkled Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds over the top.
- Finally I shook off the excess glitter, and then gave it a quick blast with my heat gun to set it (just a very quick blast - maybe 10-15 seconds over the whole image).
I have used the three little words Peace, Love and Joy from the many Merry Stars stamp set. These were stamped in Early Espresso onto scraps of the DSP.
Finally I tied a combination of Cherry Cobbler sheer linen ribbon, lace and linen thread with some wood veneer leaves to finish the card.
Here's the sketch we had to work with this week:
Now it's time to check out what the other Stamping and Blogging Design Team girls have done with today's sketch:
Claire Daly Australia (that's me!)
Thanks for visiting today. If you would like to check out any of the products I have used in today's project, just click on the links below my signature. See you back here again soon!
Shop or browse the online store HERE 24 hours a day!
Sign up to get each post by Email HERE and never miss a post.
Sign up for my Constant Contact newsletters HERE and get monthly specials, offers and samples.
Stampin' Up! products used today: