Stampin' Up! Choose Happiness using the Cracked Glass Technique
October 24, 2014
Having a break from Christmas cards today to show you another of my favourite stamp sets from the 2014 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue, called Choose Happiness. Even the name of this stamp set makes me happy!
For the circle layer, I have used the Cracked Glass technique.
Here's how you achieve this look:
- Stamp your image onto the shape
- Cover the whole image with Versamark ink
- Emboss with clear embossing powder
- Repeat the embossing about 4 times
- Place the image in the freezer for 5-10 minutes
- When you take it out, GENTLY crack the embossing
- If you want to have an antique type look, you can also rub some Soft Suede or Crumb Cake or even early Espresso ink into the cracks.
Here's a look at the Choose Happiness Stamp Set. I love the sentiment in this one too.
Two other very cool products I wanted to showcase in today's card, are the I Love lace background stamp, and the Party Pennants Bigz L die. The background stamp is amazing! Such beautiful fine detail. One of my all time favourite background stamps. Check out the links below to view / shop in my online store.
The Party Pennants Bigz Die is very cool for adding extra layers on cards, as well as for what it's intended - making banners. I love the different shapes and sizes you get. Check out the links below to view / shop in my online store.
I hope you have enjoyed today's card. here's a direct link to the products I have used in my Online Stampin' Up! store. I'm using a new link builder which is a carousel, so you can scroll sideways through the products.
See you back here tomorrow,
- Shop or browse the online store HERE 24 hours a day!
- Sign up to get each post by Email HERE and never miss a post.
- Sign up for my Constant Contact newsletters HERE and get monthly specials, offers and samples.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.