Di here again. I hope you all had a truly magical Christmas. Now that the craziness (and the food) have settled, it's time for another layout. This time I have caved into the ever increasing pressure from family and friends, to create a page about myself. I am starting small with an 8" x 8" layout of me as a 10 month old. I see that the pudge that we all find so cute on babies and that disappears in our more youthful years, seems to re-appear in our forties with far less fondness by self and others LOL!
In this layout I have presented some flowers which I have created using different sized circle punches, buttons, ribbons and a distressing tool. I hope you like it. Details explained below photo.
Spotlight on technique: Distressed Circle-Button Flowers
To create this look you will need to:
1) Start by punching out 3 different sized circles with circle punches using a range of Designer Series Papers to build up layers of colour and pattern.
2) Use a distressing tool to roughen the edges of the circles.
3) Glue the circles on top of each other (I used the two-way glue pen), starting with the largest on the bottom.
4) Punch two holes in the middle of the flowers (I used the Crop-a-dile tool) to attach the buttons to the flowers. Feed your ribbon through the holes in the flowers and the buttons and tie them in a knot at the back of the flowers.
5) Attach to layout using Pop-Up Glue Dots.
Products Used in this layout:
Card Stock: Confetti White & Ruby Red
Ink Pads: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss & Sahara Sand (sponge daubed around page edge)
Designer Series Paper (DSP): Bella Rose & Holiday Treasures
Chipboard: Batch of Blooms & Timeless Type
Embellishments: Pearls from Pretties Kit, New Small Grommets (Summer Mini), Ruby Red Brads, Black Gingham Ribbon, buttons from Button Bouquet pack and stitching on the sewing machine in soft pink thread.
Punches: 1-3/4", 1-3/8", 1-1/4" Circles & the Photo Corners punch.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're feeling inspired to get into some scrapping today.
Di Gill xox