Today's card for Stamping and Blogging Design Team (SB110) features Birthday Blossoms, a fabulous new set in the 2015 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. It has some great sentiments and some lovely images for water-colouring (one of my favourite things to do) so I think it's a really versatile set. If you know me well, you will also know I love to garden so I'm always a sucker for realistic floral sets.
My water-colouring style is pretty messy, but I like it that way. I have always leaned towards a more grungy look on my cards (or at least that's my excuse!) so you wont find any perfect blending. I use both Aqua-painters (which I have used on this card) and Blender Pens, depending on the project.
Here's what I did to complete this card (you can link to all the Stampin' Up! products I have used in the bottom of the post):
- I've embossed the spray of flowers in clear onto the background Elegant Eggplant cardstock.
- There's a thin layer of Sahara Sand cardstock behind the greeting panel.
- The spray of flowers on the greeting panel is stamped in Sahara Sand (stamped off once).
- My greeting is stamped in Tip Top Taupe.
- The flowers are water-coloured (using Aqua-painters) in Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant, with Hello Honey in the centre.
- The leaves are water-coloured in Old Olive and Mossy Meadow.
- I have tied crochet trim and linen thread around the base of the greeting panel.
Here's a closer look at the Birthday Blossoms stamp set.
Here's the sketch we had to work with this week:
Now it's time to visit all the Stamping and Blogging Design Team girls around the world and see what they have done with the sketch.
Sandi MacIver, USA
Amy Koenders, USA
Michelle Last, UK
Lee Conrey, USA
Claire Daly Australia (that's me!)
Marine Wiplier, France
Kerstin Kreis, Germany
Shelagh Freemantle. Canada
Patrice Halliday-Larson, New Zealand
Sandi MacIver's Canadian Blog
Now it's YOUR turn to play along.
You can now enter the weekly challenges along and link your creation for us all to admire. We will be picking a weekly winner and would love to see what you create with this sketch. To play along, you just need to post your creation on the Sketch and Stamp page, which is the name for the new Stamping and Blogging weekly challenges.
I hope you enjoyed today's card. See you again soon,
Want a FREE 2015/16 Annual Catalogue and plan to shop with me? Click HERE
Shop online 24/7 HERE and check out current specials HERE
Subscribe so you never miss a thing HERE
Follow me on Instagram, or Hang out with me on Facebook
Stampin' Up! Products used in today's card: