I'm pretty sure this is my 10th year of choosing a word for the year, thanks to the fabulous inspiration of Ali Edwards and her One Little Word concept. I have done Ali's workshop a couple of times during those 10 years and love the insight it has given me into the process of letting my word guide me throughout the year.
I've had some fabulous words over the years, nourish, thrive, be, shine and many more. I love how the words are there to keep me focused and grounded throughout the year, and I have got to the stage where I look forward to the space between Christmas and New Year, to be able to mull over my word and chat with friends about it.
For 2018, I have chosen ALIGN as my One Little Word.
I chose this word for many reasons.
- I aspire to feeling self-aligned and examining more of what that means for me on an emotional, spiritual and physical level.
- Alignment = authenticity to me. Another area I really want to delve into this year.
- I want to continue to align myself with positive optimistic people who are 'doers' and who support my personal and professional growth;
- I want to be able to check in on a regular basis to make sure that my day to day / week to week actions are aligned with my goals and intentions for 2018. I find I sometimes get off track, or spend too much time on things that aren't my primary focus, so I hope this will help me to stay focused a bit more on both personal and work intentions;
- I want to align more with nature - gardening, walking in nature, grounding;
- I want to always check in that the choices I make are aligned with my personal values. Being fair and acting with integrity are super important to me, so this is a great 'check-in' when I'm planning things.
- I really want to make sure my goals and intentions for my Stampin' Up! work are are aligned with my 'why'. Things just feel right when they are, and I definitely enjoy my work life so much more.
I am sure there are many more reasons and I am sure they will show their faces throughout the year. I'm looking forward to that.
My One Little Word seems to already be weaving it's magic. Quite unintentionally, I suggested to my husband and kids today that we go for a drive, as it was a lovely day in Melbourne. We headed down towards Warburton, and ended up at the Redwood Forest in East Warburton. It wasn't until I got home and was looking at my photos that I realised how perfect my photos were for the first day of my ALIGN year.
The Redwood Forest was so beautiful with the light shining through the tree tops and the carpet like forest floor. I took my shoes off and grounded myself in that beautiful setting.
Have you got a word for 2018? I'd love to hear your word, and I'd love to connect to more people who choose an annual word. I'll be making my word mostly visible on my Instagram and Facebook Page in 2018, so either hang out with me there, or leave me a comment here with a link to a post about your word if you have one.