Hello stampers, I'm back to Christmas cards today. The faux silk stamping technique (described below) makes a great textured background for Christmas cards. It's super simple to do so you could easily do a few at a time. I have used Holly Berry Happiness stamp set from the 2016 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue, which worked really well for the repetitive effect I wanted.
My colours are Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green, with gold in the embossed greeting (also from the Holly Berry Happiness stamp set) and coiled twine under the greeting.
Faux Silk Technique Instructions:
- Cut a piece of tissue paper a couple of centimeters (or an inch if you are metric) larger than the cardstock you are adhering it to. My tissue paper is adhered to a piece of Whisper White in the image above.
- Stamp your images over the tissue paper. Allow to dry a couple of minutes.
- Screw the tissue paper up in a tight ball, and then very carefully unravel the paper. Smooth it out but not completely as you still want a few creases left.
- Using a glue-stick, apply glue all over the cardstock piece you are going to adhere the tissue paper to.
- Adhere the tissue paper, leaving a few creases as shown. Wrap the excess tissue paper around to the back of the cardstock and adhere with the glue-stick (this gives a neater finish than trimming).
That' all there is to it! Easy isn't it?
Here's a closer look at the Holly Berry Happiness stamp set (you can view all of the products I have used today by using my online store product links at the end of the post).
Thanks for stopping by today. See you back again tomorrow,
Shop with me online 24/7 or by mail / email and become my VIP. You will enjoy free catalogues, exclusive customer only rewards, hostess code gifts for online orders, tutorials and inspiration (different to my blog newsletter). For this months hostess code, text me on 0412120498.
Get paper copies of our current catalogues mailed out (register HERE)
Find out more about the great deal on the starter kit (did you know you can save up to 30% on a $235 order when you join for just $169 and get postage on the kit free). Find out about being a hobby or business demonstrator on my Australia wide team HERE.
Sign up HERE to get my blog posts delivered directly to your email inbox each time I post or sign up for my monthly blog subscriber email newsletter below.