I LOVE a good floral image to colour, so I was all over the new Stampin' Up! set Remarkable You when it appeared in the 2015 Annual Catalogue. Today's card features one of the flowers (which we think is a lotus flower or waterlily) water coloured, along with a greeting from the set. It's based on this week's Stamping and Blogging Design Team sketch SB114.
Here's the colour combination I have used today.
Tips for recreating this card:
- I water coloured the floral image using an Aqua painter (see all supplies below) and the ink inside the lid of the Rose Red ink pad.
- Stamp your image in Jet Black Stazon so you can watercolour without the image outline smudging.
- Use our high quality Watercolor Paper for a great result. It really does make a difference as you can blend over and over without the paper pilling.
- The Triple Banner Punch makes cutting the banner ends on this card a breeze.
- Both flowers were cut out using our super sharp Paper Snips. The left hand flower is popped up with Dimensional foam dots (not the stem though).
- Stamp an extra bit of the leaf pattern onto Cucumber Crush and cut out a few leaves to layer over the greeting banner.
Here's today sketch that the lovely Sandi MacIver has given us to play with this week:
Lets see what my lovely Stamping and Blogging Design team girls around the world have been up to this week shall we?
Claire Daly Australia (that's me!)
Now it's YOUR turn to play along.
You can now enter the weekly challenges along and link your creation for us all to admire. We will be picking a weekly winner and would love to see what you create with this sketch. To play along, you just need to post your creation on the Sketch and Stamp page, which is the name for the new Stamping and Blogging weekly challenges.
I hope you enjoyed today's card. See you again soon,
Subscribe so you never miss a thing HERE
Stampin' Up! Products used in today's card: