Hello lovelies. Today I have been playing with my supplies to make a vintage birthday card. Vintage is my favourite stamping style!
To me, vintage says distressed, antique, texture, lace, filigree, baroque and lots more, so I tried to incorporate some of those elements into my card (all my supplies are shown and linked at the bottom of the post). Here's what I did:
- I used the Beautifully Baroque Embossing folder with Pool Party Coordinations cardstock, so I could lightly sand the embossing to give a distressed finish.
- I added flourishes (clear embossed) on the craft cardstock (from Happy Day stamp set). Love the shape of those Deco Label Framelits!
- For my greeting, I stamped in Pool Party onto Naturals Ivory cardstock which is a great look for vintage cards. I used the Artisan Label punch for those ends, and I sponged the edge of all my layers with Crumb Cake ink.
- I also used some vintage inspired DSP (from Soho Subway = LOVE)
- For texture I added lace, sequin trim, linen thread, antique brad, pearls (you can add so many cool things to vintage cards :)
Hope you enjoyed today's card. Below you will find a link to the Stampin' Up! products I have used.
- Place an order of $90 or more either online or by email and you get to choose one of 13 free gifts (including stamp sets) - offer available until March 31st.
- I hold Stampin' Up! hostess clubs where you get free projects and hostess benefits without hosting a party.
- Need catalogues? Just email me or call me on 03 9735 2946.
- Join my email list for fast notification of specials and offers, plus subscriber only content and join thousands of other happy stampers.
Have a great weekend,