I'm excited. Very excited. I am coordinating a monthly challenge at Scraptacular during 2007 and it's a topic very dear to my heart, layouts about YOU.
Ever since I read the 'She' book by Kobi Yamada a few months ago, I have been inspired by the lovely quotes. They just MAKE you want to make positive changes in your life. You can check out the book and all the other cool stuff over at Compendium.
So ........ I chatted to Jodie over at Scraptacular and she was keen and supportive as always and has donated a $20 Scraptacular voucher for each month (thanks Jodie!). So each month on the first of the month, a quote from the book will be posted (January's is already up!) and you have to:
- do an 8.5 x 11 or 12 x 12 layout with the quote written somewhere on it
- include journaling (which doesn't have to be shared and can even be hidden)
- use mostly products from the manufacturer of the month
- upload it to the gallery in the 'Book of She' section by end of the month
- sit back and wait to see if you win, but if you don't be content in the fact you have completed some great 'book of me' layouts
Scraptacular staff and DT members are able to join in, but can't win the prize, so you will get lots of inspiration. I will also upload my layout here and in the gallery early in the month.
January's product line is anything from KI Memories. The quote for January is:
She decided to start living the life she had imagined (Kobi Yamada)
Good luck and can't wait to see what you come up with! For more info, pop over to the Book of She page at Scraptacular! I'll be hassling my scrapping friends over the next couple of weeks to encourage them to enter!